Sunday, July 26, 2009

Vacation at Higgins

We've been home from our vacation at the lake for a week now and I think I finally have everything unpacked and put away. Sometimes it just takes much longer than it really should! We all had a lot of fun and really enjoyed a quiet time away from home. Some of our highlights included celebrating Eleanor's 2nd birthday, bringing Jack to visit a Native Indian novelty store (go figure the only thing he wanted to buy was a tractor and trailer), spending time with my cousin and her family from Colorado, and seeing Harry Potter at the local movie theatre. After all these years of summers spent growing up at the lake we had never been to this theatre. Much to our surprise, it turned out to be quite a treat! I felt like I was in the lodge at summer camp. The Pines, Houghton Lake MI

Here is a glimpse of our week in a few photos

1 comment:

Kate said...

We certainly had a magnificent vacation, didn't we? So glad we got to share our time with your sweet family. I'm already looking forward to our next trip back at Christmas! Love you!