Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Memory Lane

So many of my memories from growing up are from summers living at Higgins Lake. Most days included swimming and playing in the woods. I could probably recount every fort in every location scattered throughout the 5 acres of woods behind the house. So every now and then there had to be a rainy day and what's better than playing in the woods than watching a movie about one.

This is for you Kate...
A few weeks ago I was with a friend who loves old movies and television. You never know what you might find in their cupboards i.e. Perfect Strangers on DVD :) 
We were talking about how much our boys like to watch things about animals, forests, etc... and I was telling her about this old movie my cousin and I watched endlessly growing up at Higgins Lake. I should have known that seconds later she would be pulling it out of the cupboard. 
You've got to be kidding me! 
  It was so fun to go down memory lane as I watched this old VHS tape with Jack. For days afterward he wanted to pretend we were the wilderness family fighting off giant grizzly bears and mountain lions.

 




2 comments:

Kate said...

OH MY GOSH! I cannot believe this! Was it as good I remember it to be, or was it disappointing to watch again? (I recently saw The Neverending Story...let's just say BAD special effects!) How fun that you were able to share this film with Jack. I'm sure he'll have his own 'favorite' someday, but it's great to know the next generation will have experienced a bit of our childhood!

Kate said...

So, out of curiosity I just checked Amazon...the DVDs have been discontinued by the manufacturer, but you can get the trilogy for $35. Might be a worthwhile investment. I wonder if I could get a package deal if I also purchased Newsies? :)