Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Isn't it still summer?

This past weekend at the lake was very windy and cold. We were wearing jeans and sweatshirts all weekend. I could have sworn we still had a few weeks of summer left...I'm not sure what it is about being at the lake that I take so many more pictures. Maybe it's just we're more relaxed and have time to grab the camera more. I always said growing up that Higgins Lake was my favorite place on earth. I think Jack is starting to feel the same way. Every time we come it's like the best thing that's happened in his little life and every time we leave he cries and sobs his way home.

The water was so rough on Sunday and there were white caps all over

More Birthday parties for Jack. If you look closely you can see he's holding up his last 3 fingers to show you how old he is.


Jack is enjoying his new Firehouse and truck play set. We live across the street from a firehouse and he loves to walk by and look inside to see if those firemen are sliding down the pole yet.
Within reason, we let Jack eat what he wanted to for his birthday...Don't even ask, he's not sharing the chips and dip!


Ellie is showing her USA Olympic support...Go Michael Phelps!


Uugh...I'm so tired of cheering!




You can't make me take a picture!
Recently Jack much prefers having someone tell him a story rather than reading one. He always asks for scary ones too. Not sure if that's good or bad yet. I guess I'll know when he wakes up with nightmares. Here we have story time on the couch with Daddy. Ellie must be really getting into the story while I think Jack is contemplating what might happen next.

No comments: