Sunday, December 7, 2008

One week down...

Well, we made it through our first week of Josh working on second shift. Having known the change was coming for almost two months It didn't seem real like it was ever going to happen. (Some of you may or may not know that Josh was given a promotion at his job, however he will be working 2nd shift 6:00pm - 3:00am indefinitely but hopefully not more than a year) The adjustment will be harder than I thought. It's nice having him around during the day, but I miss having him here to put the kids to bed and to lie down at night with me. With winter upon us, Josh leaves for work, the kids and I sit down to a simple dinner and we hunker in for the night. There is not much socializing going on in the evening hours anymore. Thanks to all of you who were praying for us especially this week as we made the transition. Honestly I think the saddest part was on Wednesday when Josh was getting ready to leave and saying goodbye to Jack. Jack said, "Daddy, I don't want you to work nights anymore." (with a big pouty lip hanging out). God is faithful and good and I'm so proud of Josh for taking this step. If anyone wants to chat on the phone before bed, I'm available :)

1 comment:

the ferwerda family said...

I'm always up for night phone conversations, since I'm husbandless too! I've been thinking and praying for you guys....I know it's a hard adjustment. Hang in there - it gets easier! Miss you!!!