Friday, September 11, 2009

"Goodbye Higgins Lake"

Most of my fondest memories growing up some how include Higgins Lake. Every time we pulled away my parents let us unbuckle and look behind us down the big hill to say "Goodbye Higgins Lake" as we waved our hands and remembered all the good times we had...until next summer.

This is what bouncing three kids at the same time looks likeJack with my mom tubing




We were getting a little a low on firewood (not that it mattered because we're surrounded by forest), but we had three huge pine trees cut down last week. You can see some of the giant logs in the background. I rarely get to because Josh doesn't like it much, but I love sitting by a good fire and stoking it late into the night. Here's a picture of what some fresh cut pine can give you :)


1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much Ellie has grown up since we were there in July! Hope you're enjoying this season. I love the fall. Just a few months until we'll be back in Michigan for Christmas. Yeah!