Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Art

If you have kids in school you know about the abundance of papers and art projects coming home. I've read and heard many ideas for choosing what to save and display vs. immediate trash but I still haven't quite determined what our system is. I'm ashamed more stuff goes pretty much right to trash than not.
A few weeks ago Jack came home with a craft where he created all the stages of a pumpkin attached to a piece of yarn, ending with a face drawn on a giant pumpkin. (if I was smart I would've at least taken a picture to show you before throwing it away.) So what did we do - when it came time to carve the pumpkins, Josh helped Jack turn his art into a real Jack-O-Lantern.

Jack's is the one on the top


The kids started off very interested but somehow by the end, it was only Josh and I at the table carving pumpkins.

No comments: