Thursday, August 11, 2011

Star Wars Party

I was so thrilled (in a bitter sweet kind of way) to celebrate Jack's 6th Birthday today. Happy Birthday Boo! Jack, I love to tell you about the day you were born and in return you love to hear it...at least you pretend to :) You have grown into such a little man. You are all boy but with the tenderest little heart. I am trying to soak up every minute of being with you the next few weeks before you're off to first grade and gone all day (insert sniffles here)
I say I am thrilled because after 3 birthday parties this summer I think I'd like to be done for a while
Here is Jack doing a little pre-party playing
Young Jedis in training
After completing a series of lightsaber, balance, and course training they were awarded their official Jedi robes.
Jack and Traeger reading a clue to find where Darth (Josh) is holding Leia (Ellie) captive

A few other things I forgot to take pictures of...Destroying the Death Star (my homemade pinata), Star Wars Bingo, and the classics for any star wars party-Galactic pizza and Yoda sodas

All in all a great time was had on our star planet today. Love you Jack! Happy Birthday

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Jodi, you are amazing. This is the party I planned in my head for Benjamin's 6th and never did. Wish Benjamin could have come to help celebrate Jack. Jack is such a sweetheart...precious.

Kate said...

Jodi, this party is AWESOME! I love the photo of Josh (I mean Darth) battling with the kids... you can tell from the photos this is one of those birthday parties every kid there will remember into adulthood! You are amazing!