Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mackinac Island

Last week Josh took off work and we spent the week at the cottage for a little vacation. The weather was beautiful and we had some much needed time away as a family...and by family I mean including my mom because she was there with us and was a great help! She even kept Max for a day so Josh and I could take the older two up to Mackinac Island.
Anyone other than myself may not remember, Mackinac is where Josh proposed...We hadn't been back since and that was 10 years ago. We brought our own bikes and burley and rode about 20 miles total. The kids had so much fun playing on the rocky beaches and exploring the trails and terrain.
One of the pictures in the video of the kids and I from behind is at the spot I got my ring :) It was actually a lot easier to find than we thought.

and the rest of the week was spent doing all the normal 'Higgins' stuff...
boating, fishing, swimming at the state park, trampoline, fires and friends. (Kate and Brett, you were dearly missed! Now counting the days until spring break :)




final count for the morning...13. 
mostly rock bass and a few perch
Josh's dad (Paw Paw) gave Jack a fishing pole and tackle box for his birthday and took him camping on a special overnight just the two of them. We generally don't do much fishing at Higgins but I think Jack might be setting a new trend.


2 comments:

Kate said...

So...did you eat the fish? :) We SO wished we could've been there...and we're thrilled about spring break, too. Love you!

Dave, Ninny and Isla said...

I love the cottage! The fishing pics are so cute. Miss you.