Friday, September 2, 2011

Instafriday

 Last Saturday Josh and I were able to get away for a night in the Amway Grand Hotel. It was a gift from last Christmas...don't ask me why it took us so long to use it. 
We spent all day together doing various things we don't get to do with littles around...movie theatres, dining out, walking leisurely downtown, dining out again :) Anway, It was a fabulous retreat and just enough to energize me for 3 days as a single parent this week. 

For breakfast on Sunday we ate at this wonderful cafe called The Westsider. New to us, we loved it and I will spend the next few months bringing everyone I know to share in the goodness.
So while we ate here...

the kids were here...grateful my MIL likes to send me mobile pics :)

 Breakfast...
 Cuban Skillet

 Huevos Rancheros

You could just about throw a stone from my doorstep to Kingmas Market. We have been so fortunate to have this local gem so close. In the spring and summer months I can safely say we are there almost everyday. If not for food, just for something to do with the kids. In the spring, Eleanor would spend an hour walking up and down the rows of flowers feeling all the petals...stinkin' adorable, but so much it kind of drove me nuts :)
When you don't have the yard for your own garden, Kingma's comes through with a bushel of tomatoes for $7. Hello sauce and salsa!

Hooray for mums! I love to see all the different colors lined up around the outside of the store. Today I was there without Ellie and I can't wait to tell her they've arrived :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Those mums are gorgeous! How do you make your sauce and salsa? I'm hoping to make some this fall, too.