Friday, July 18, 2008

"what do i know of holy"

I made you promises a thousand times.
I’ve tried to hear from heaven, but I talked the whole time.
I think I made you too small.
I never feared you at all,
no …If you touched my face, would I know you,
Looked into my eyes, could I behold you?

What do I know of you who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood but the shore along your ocean?
Are you fire? Are you fury?
Are you sacred? Are you beautiful?
What do I know of holy?

These are the opening lines from a new song from the group, Addison Road. It is a beautiful song, with powerful lyrics … hinting at, pointing to, making suggestions about, the awesome mystery that is God! I have been listening to this song a lot the past few days and it continues to speak into my heart. It's an illusion that I have God figured out or that God exists to answer my need of the moment...I'm just on a journey to know Him! May God open our minds and shatter our illusions and open our hearts and fill them with praise!

No comments: