Sunday, September 7, 2008

Reed's Lake Triathlon

After an intense and busy summer of training, I finally did it! Yesterday was a big accomplishment for me as I finished my first triathlon. My whole family came out to support me and I had such a great time. I didn't have a lot expectations other than wanting to finish under 2 1/2 hours...my time: 2.29:41 The swim and bike were both a little faster than i thought, and the run took a little longer. The weather was really cold in the morning(55 degrees as i jumped in the water), but turned out to be about 70 as crossed the finish line. God really blessed us with a great race day smashed between 2 days of rain. Josh and his mom both took some good pictures. Here's a little view of my day
Getting ready to swim with a few of the girls I trained with
#290...The funniest thing about this is I picked up my race packet and was marked on Friday night. Nobody told me it would rub off all over my sheets! I don't just mean black smudges either. The actual #'s 290 are on written backwards on my sheets now! I'm guessing since it's permanent marker it won't come out in the wash either :)


Finishing with a Smile!








5 comments:

Bekah said...

Way to go, Jodi!!! I am totally impressed. That has to feel good to accomplish that as a mommy of two. Drew says nice work too!

Sarah said...

YAY JODI!! Nice work! Way to go! I'm sure you feel so good having accomplished such an incredible goal! So proud of you!!!

ZFam said...

Your my hero!!!! That is amazing! Seriously...you're my hero!

Kate said...

So proud of you!!! And you looked gorgeous doing it. :)

Abby said...

Wow, Jodi--I'm so impressed! And those pictures are fantastic--I especially love the water one. Gorgeous! Congratulations on finishing within your goal!!