Monday, February 18, 2013

Breathing, Yay!

"My flesh and my heart may fail, 
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"
Psalm 73:26

Praises! Late this afternoon she was ventilator free, I love to see that beautiful face. 

It is something short of a miracle what these doctors and surgeons can do for such a tiny little person and this week we have witnessed many of our own answered prayers and little miracles. I wanted to share just a simple story of how God answered one of our prayers today...

I tend to be a light sleeper and that's part of the reason Josh was sleeping in the bay with Lucy while I slept down the hall at the in house Ronald Mcdonald rooms. This afternoon we knew we would probably have to move across the street to the other House. With Lucy still in the bay and not a private room I was more than a little concerned how I would handle that. (I considered it not an option for me to go across the street by myself and the thought of not sleeping a wink in the bay was terrifying) The nurses had also told us there was currently not any rooms available and hadn't any idea when that would change. As the social worker walked away from our conversation I stood up moving towards Lucy's bedside and said to Josh, "well I guess we'll just have to pray that somehow she gets her own room tonight." Lucy's nurse had been helping another patient and so we met back at the same moment. (We had previously been at lunch and so hadn't spoken to her since returning) No joke she looked at me and said with a big smile, "we're moving her at 3"
Now that was an answer to prayer! Technically, I hadn't even prayed it yet :)
Just another testimony of his goodness to us. 

So tonight I sleep with Lucy as she breathes on her own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these stories, Jodi!! God IS good all the time and we continue in our prayers for you all and little Lucy! She is soooo sweet!! Love to you all!!

Jim and Chris said...

What a wonderful answer to prayer! So thankful for Lucy's progress and yours, too, Jodi! May God continue to give you his strength, peace and healing day by day!

With prayers for you, Jim and Chris

Psalm 29:11 The Lord gives strength to his people and blesses his people with peace.