Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Welcome Lucy

At 9:30 this morning we welcomed Lucy Loraine Goad. She weighed 6lbs. 9oz. The perfect size if you ask me. She let out healthy cries putting us at ease right away. After a quick check I was able to hold her for a little bit while being stitched up. Soon enough they gathered her up and she was taken for her echocardiogram and to get her IV and central umbilical lines in. Josh stayed with Lucy most all of that time. The initial report from the echo and the cardiologists was that they were still seeing the coarctation that was anticipated. Since then, we've talked some more and it sounds like surgery is planned for Friday. It's a little earlier than we expected so we're a bit flustered right now, but looking at the big picture I'm glad to get things moving. My parents will be coming with the other kids tomorrow so they can see her before surgery instead of waiting until the weekend. 
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the prayer today! We've appreciated the many calls, emails, texts, and support from so many. The body of Christ has been with us in a way that is faith-affirming and continues to push us to pursue the calling Christ has for us, to be focused on and committed to God's will and to demonstrate the joy we have through his grace on us.

And for the much anticipated pictures :)

my first snuggle

getting all connected




8 comments:

Kate said...

She's perfect! She looks 'Ferwerda' to me! :) Can't wait to give her a squeeze this summer. We continue to pray for your family, and especially for Lucy. I know all too well what the coming days will hold for you, and I am just praying, praying, praying for peace and rest for you all. Sending love from Colorado!

yinzy said...

blessed be the name of the Lord...welcome to the family Lulu

Vriesenga Family said...

Congratulations Goad Family!!! Lulu is beautiful! Our thoughts are with you in the coming days. We can't wait to meet her!

Louie and Mona said...

A bit of heaven has come to earth...

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Praying for you and for her surgery tomorrow! You were there when Danielle was born...I have a picture of you holding her :-) Wish I could be there when your daughter was born and to encourage your heart that God is holding her in the palm of His hand!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I see a lot of you, Jodi, in little Lucy. She's beautiful.

Jim and Chris said...

We rejoice with you, Josh, Jodi, Jack, Ellie and Max and welcome precious little Lucy Loraine!!! We are so thankful to the Lord for his provision during her birth!!! Continuing in prayer for all of you (Grandmas and Grandpas, too) as you continue the journey. We will be praying thoughtout the day on Friday. Love, Jim and Chris
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Darcia said...

Praying for you all! I remember Josie being hooked up like that and it just makes everything reality. I am praying, praying, praying for a smooth surgery and no complications! Blessings to you! We love the name Lucy too...Reese was almost Lucy until a month before she was born! :)