Monday, February 18, 2013

Fluffing

I like pink. I like hair bows. I like ruffles. 
In general I like girly things...but for me there is definitely an  'over the top'
Last Wednesday after birth as Lucy and I were each settling into our own rooms on different floors, Josh was juggling a bit between us...mostly staying with Lucy, and giving me updates when he could. Before I had the chance to go up to her room, Josh called and said "The nurse wants to know if you'd be okay with a little fluffing?" 
"a little what?" I said
Apparently some of the nurses like to make bows for the girls and place them about. When they have no clothes or otherwise external way to tell if it's a boy or girl, I think they like to doll them up a bit. 
So when I finally got up to Lucy on Wednesday night, I was a little taken aback by the giant pink octopus look thing on her head...I think this first one fell on the floor by mistake and had to be thrown away quickly.

simple and sweet

Five days later she still has some fluffing, but it's a little more modest. This is our current favorite, made by one of my favorite nurses, Leanne.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

She's amazing. So thankful she is healing quickly!