Tuesday, February 12, 2013

One more night

Just one more night until we get to meet this little girl, this alien like thing (as Josh sometimes calls her) that makes the skin on my belly jump, roll and move like something totally unnatural :)
It's been what seems like a long time coming. Always still a few months, weeks, or days away but now it's here and we are so excited. 
The past few days have been filled with conversations at church, school, work, bible study, chance meetings, etc... Always someone giving us well wishes, written out words from the Lord, and telling us how much we are prayed for this week! We genuinely feel covered in prayer from near and far. We are so richly blessed and I almost feel near overwhelmed. 

I have been studying James this year and I find it no coincidence that my study lands me looking at the latter verses of James 5 over the past week...talking about the perseverance of Job and the prayer of faith. From the beginning of all this last October Josh and I have always stated that this is His story to tell and as a friend recently reminded me, "we don't get to write our story, we just get to come to peace with it."

Here are some words from my study that resonated with me today: 
"Our sufferings etch engraved invitations to intimate places with God. A pair of hands clasped in earnest prayer is the best means we have this side of Heaven to hang onto Jesus for dear life. Fellowshipping with Christ in our suffering guards it from purposelessness...Prayer can prime the well of our souls to a bath of His beautiful presence." Beth Moore

So, as we journey into the unknown of the next few weeks I find myself just resting in the purpose and plan of Jesus.
God knows how everything will turn out. And, for every single person who belongs to Him, it turns out well.
"I know that my Redeemer lives and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes- I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" Job 19:25-27

Thank you dear friends for lifting us up and walking through these circumstances with us.

No comments: